About Bruce Sorenson
Supervised Employee of Leslie Foge, LMFT (MFC#23841)
Everyone has challenges and battles to fight. A pain-free life is not always possible. Even the strongest people amongst us need a little bit of help to work through some of life’s difficulties. Whether you struggle with depression, grief, anxiety, or other issues, you should know there is hope for better tomorrows.
Prior to entering the counseling field, I owned and operated businesses. Being a happily satisfied business executive with good listening and application skills, I was getting ready to transition to my next opportunity. The plan was to spend more time with my amazing wife, three daughters and grandchildren. However, that is not what happened to me.
My wife became terribly ill, with depression that came back to haunt her. The disease overcame her, and she regrettably took her own life. After her death, I became committed to doing whatever I could to serve teenagers and young adults suffering with depression, anxiety, and grief. I feel a powerful need to serve others and think it may bring a profound and spiritual meaning to both our lives.
I graduated from Saint Mary’s College of California with a master’s degree in Marriage Family Therapy and Professional Clinical Counseling. Subsequent training was experienced at John F. Kennedy University (office of clinical training) working with high school students, college students and young adults.
Practicing yoga, mountain biking, hiking, exploring new and exciting places and spending time with friends and family occupies my free time. Nature holds a passionate calling for me.
- Masters in Counseling, MFT/PCC: St Mary’s College of California
- MBA Business Administration: JFK University
- BA Economics: University of California, Berkeley
- Investment Banking, licenses 63 and 79
Groups Of Interest
Adults and those dealing with anxiety, depression, trauma, and /or grief.
- Association Marriage and Family Therapist # AMFT120604
- Contra Costa Crises Center, suicide intervention training
- Immersion course completed in Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy (AEDP)
- Certificate in Applied Neuroscience for Treating Anxiety, Panic and Worry
- Bessel Van Kolk certification Trauma and PTSD
- Janine Fisher certification in Trauma and neuroplasticity
- Certified ADHD Professional
- Certified Grief Counselor Specialist (CGCS)
- Member of California Association of Marriage and Family Therapist ( CAMPT)
- Member of ASF (American suicide foundation)
- Member of East Bay Chapter of the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapist